proxmox boot stop

JoeLaser

May 29, 2018
hi everybody,

i try to descripe my boot problem in proxmox. after a power failure the system does not boot.
the system boot with an problem...
upload_2018-5-29_20-34-34.png

what can i do to solve the problem, i have no idea what is wrong with the system.

best regards
Joe

Sehr gut...

hm...i think i can do a fresh install on the usb stick and import the lvm volumes
View attachment 7533
Hi,
i think not so easy - because you have then two volume groups with the same name (pve)...

I would try following: remove the defect hdd (or ssd??). Put them with an new hdd (same size or bigger) on an linux computer and try to copy the content with an rescue-program, like gddrescue/myrescue/... and then try to repair the lvm-group eith the new hdd.

search for lvm and failed drive/repair...

Udo

Hm i removed the ssd, same problem. the other disk ist a raid5 volume 6TB, proxmox recovery boot hangs on the same position

dachte das system startet wieder nachdem die ssd entfernt wurde...

Hm i removed the ssd, same problem. the other disk ist a raid5 volume 6TB, proxmox recovery boot hangs on the same position

dachte das system startet wieder nachdem die ssd entfernt wurde...
Hi,
I assume consumer SSD?! Bad luck!

Again, your lvm will not start with an missing/defective device. You can try to copy the whole ssd like i write before (be sure to use the right source!!).
And repair the lvm after that (there are some examples in the web). You can also declare, the device as missing, but then all data on this device is gone!

Udo

Servus Udo,

i have re-install proxmox and the system starts. i create new vm (id:100 same like the disks) and run the command "qm rescan". After that i add the unused device to the vm and i ´m able to start the vm.

in the old installation, i have for the ssd a own VG
SSD = /dev/SDA1 = LVMGroup FD
RAID5 = /dev/SDC1 = LVMGroup SD
System = PVE
(Slow and Fast Discs ;) )

all vm are running

Thx for the support :)

best regards
joe

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!