Proxmox Backup Server 1.0 (stable)

I'd not hold my breath for it.
We evaluated that one very closely and the diffs we get from ZFS do not work for the sliding window algorithm in use (which is only semi-correlated to files), it would effectively mean that combination of deduplication and full-backups would need to be abandoned, which we do not want - backups where one needs to apply multiple diffs and pray that that works out is something we want to avoid at all cost.
Ceph rbd would also only help for fixed size block based backups, as there's no function which can map block diffs to a dynamic block sized archives. There was lots of technical discussion, on lists and also internally - if there's a break through we will also certainly go for it; but it currently does not seem like that would be anytime soon.

Aww that's too bad, thanks for the detailed explanation though.

Currently we test with single external LTO 5 drives up to LTO 8 changers. (e.g. Quantum Superloader 3) and we try to support as many as possible.

I am a new PBS user, I have feature request to help people like me.
The datastore -> content window would be useful to also display the VM Names along side the VM group number just like it shows in brackets when using PVE. I struggle to remember the function of each VM by number alone, and rely on the name beside it for identification. It would be nice if PBS could display the same names.

The datastore -> content window would be useful to also display the VM Names along side the VM group number just like it shows in brackets when using PVE. I struggle to remember the function of each VM by number alone, and rely on the name beside it for identification. It would be nice if PBS could display the same names.
The best place to request an enhancement is in our Bugzilla so feel free to open a new request. However, you can put a note on each backup in PBS maybe that helps you to set the name as a note of the VM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!