Proxmox Backup remove fs

Sharifi

Aug 5, 2021
Hi,

I would like to mount my disc in a different place. How can I delete first FS and mount my disc in a different place?

proxmox-backup-manager disk fs list
┌──────────────────────────┬────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┬────────────┬──────────┐
│ path │ device │ filesystem │ options │
╞══════════════════════════╪════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╪════════════╪══════════╡
│ /mnt/datastore/DataStore │ /dev/disk/by-uuid/9b0775a6-211f-4c00-add3-7fb3c6c92ced │ xfs │ defaults │
└──────────────────────────┴────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┴────────────┴──────────┘
it does not exist and i want to delete it

ls /dev/disk/by-uuid/
9162-5575 a7162f2e-ad7c-42a6-9847-8a7d8f283a93 edf9a33b-61df-45d8-a7bd-8c4319757d91

When running the command you can only see :

proxmox-backup-manager disk fs
create list

proxmox-backup-manager disk list
┌──────┬────────┬─────┬───────────┬───────────────┬───────┬─────────┬─────────┐
│ name │ used │ gpt │ disk-type │ size │ model │ wearout │ status │
╞══════╪════════╪═════╪═══════════╪═══════════════╪═══════╪═════════╪═════════╡
│ vda │ lvm │ 1 │ hdd │ 53687091200 │ │ - │ unknown │
├──────┼────────┼─────┼───────────┼───────────────┼───────┼─────────┼─────────┤
│ vdb │ unused │ 1 │ hdd │ 1073741824000 │ │ - │ unknown │
└──────┴────────┴─────┴───────────┴───────────────┴───────┴─────────┴─────────┘

Do I have to use /etc/fstab because it does not work over GUI or what?

Last edited:
datastorage blockdevice is mounted:
ls /etc/systemd/system/*.mount

then maybe
Code:
systemd-remount-fs.service

then u can mount your disk over fstab and in the gui u can add datastore to the mount path

datastorage blockdevice is mounted:
ls /etc/systemd/system/*.mount

then maybe
Code:
systemd-remount-fs.service

then u can mount your disk over fstab and in the gui u can add datastore to the mount path
Hi,

Because systemd-remount-fs.service is an early boot service that applies mount options listed in fstab, or gathered from the partition table to the root file system, the /usr/ file system, and the kernel API file systems, and I have no idea how Proxmox is reacted on it, I have considered it dangerous to touch it. That's why I just deleted Mount and Dev File.

rm -f /etc/systemd/system/mnt-datastore-DataStore.mount

It is probably a bug that GUI does not delete the given files and Proxmox thinks that it still exists.

thanks for the tip

Many greetings

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!