Proxmox Backup Client v2 for Ubuntu 18.04/16.04

Jun 17, 2023
I know that the Proxmox team is working on a solution to have a client version that can be used on different Linux distributions (Bugzilla #4788). However, I needed to use proxmox-backup-client on older Ubuntu releases now. And because I use namespaces by default, I did prefer version 2. I haven't found any existing solution to install the client on older Ubuntu/Debian releases and started experimenting. I have now an AppImage file for the Backup Client v2.4.3 which works fine for me on both Ubuntu 16.04+18.04 and Buster. So, until an official solution is provided, you can give that a try if you like. The sources and AppImage files can be found here.

The AppImage for the Bookworm version 3.0.4 segfaults right now. So, any help to debug the issue and maybe fix or work around the issue is highly appreciated as well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!