Proxmox Architecture (Software stack)

rah123

Oct 13, 2019
Hi guys.
would someone please send me a Overall architecture of Proxmox system in diagram form?
I want to know the main software components of Proxmox and the position of them in a big picture form. (Software stack)

somethings like this picture but if possible, more accurate. some information about storage types and even the links between the system components and so on.

Thanks a lot guys

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Hi,

this is the software stack. There is no "Overall architecture of Proxmox system" Diagram.
What do you like to know about storage?

Thank you wolfgang,

I like to know the API between the virtualization layer and the underlying storage such as ceph, Gluster, ZFS.
Are those services in the above diagram responsible for storage management? which ones?
Is there any diagram for individual services showing their internal details?

Thanks you guy

pve-cluster is launching "pmxcfs", to handle /etc/pve
pveproxy is the api endpoint talking to pvedaemon
pvedaemon is the main service to manage storage, qemu/ct, network...
pvestatd is a daemon which manage statistics (vm/host up/down, perfs graphs,...)
pve-ha-lrm/pve-ha-crm are daemon to manage HA

Thank you very much
where can I find more information about pvedaemon, its components and other related objects to that?

thank you Tom.
I also found a command that lists all the used packages in proxmox, "pveversion -v".
and then you can use dpkg -L <Package_Name> to see inside the installed Package_Name and the package contents paths after installation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!