Proxmox API

Ashley

Jun 28, 2016
Hello,

Is it possible to restrict the API to a single IP only, without having to use a firewall / iptables level rule which would restrict access to the full 8006 interface.

Thanks,
Ashley

Hello,

Thanks, did have a read of that before however makes it sound like it is for the whole port 8006 from how I understand it.

Setting host based access on this will it still allow other IP's to connect to the standard PVEGUI from other IPs'?

,Ashley

Thanks, did have a read of that before however makes it sound like it is for the whole port 8006 from how I understand it.

Setting host based access on this will it still allow other IP's to connect to the standard PVEGUI from other IPs'?
since the api and the webgui run with the same webserver, you cannot seperate access between those two.
also, even if you could, the webgui does everything via the api, so if you cannot reach the api, you cannot do anything on the webgui

Hello,

Thanks for confirming, I just wished to lock the API down to local only + one external IP, but continue to allow GUI access.

However understand both running on the same backed server, thanks for confirming.

the GUI is a javascript API client, so this is not possible.

Reactions: Ashley

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!