proxmox api import disk

Yes, that's exactly my point. In the current form of the API, uploading data isn't possible.

When the ability to upload data via the API is added (hopefully sooner rather than later), that'll open up a bunch of use cases.

Until then though, everyone still needs to pretty much use ssh/scp/sftp to upload the data. Which kind of kills the whole point, for us at least. :rolleyes:

and I guess as a next step uploading VM disk images would also be easy to allow, we'll just have to think through all the implications first.
I already wrote that above ^

Unless you're meaning I need to ask on the dev mailing list there?
There is no "website process". You need to sign/agree to contributor license and send your patches as described in the Wiki (via email).
As advised in the Wiki you may want to discuss your work with developers first. That would be done via mailing list.

Access to repo is described here.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

send your patches as described in the Wiki
The problem I'm having is that the Proxmox website - which is what I'm saying needs to be updated - has no repo I can generate a patch for.

Unless it does, and I'm just being blind?

The problem I'm having is that the Proxmox website - which is what I'm saying needs to be updated - has no repo I can generate a patch for.
I must have misunderstood you. Re-reading the thread, I am not sure what you mean by "website needs updating". Sorry.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

I'm asking for a link to searchable mailing list archives to be added to the Developer section of the Proxmox website.

The current website just points at the not-super-useful standard archives, which have no search ability. When I'd previously tried to find a searchable version of them, nothing showed up that was including recent posts. (I've since switched from DuckDuckGo, but that's a separate thing...).

The mail-archive.com one does have searchable archives for the pve-devel mailing list, so that's why I'm saying a link should be added.

Last edited:
The mail-archive.com one does have searchable archives for the pve-devel mailing list, so that's why I'm saying a link should be added.
Got it. I dont think there is a way for you to directly contribute changes to Wiki or PVE website. Either someone from PVE will pickup your request in the forum, or file a request in bugzilla for more official tracking.

you really don't need to ping twice a day (and FWIW, the default settings of the forum will give everybody participating in a thread a notification anyway, so normally there is no need to ping at all).

I am not sure we want to add a link to an archive outside of our control, but we are working on improving the archive situation on our side :)

I am not sure we want to add a link to an archive outside of our control
Understood. The current situation is pretty far from optimal though. :eek:

we are working on improving the archive situation on our side
That sounds like it could end up good? Any idea of timeframe? If it's likely a few months away, it might be useful to add the above external link until then. If it's likely to be fixed pretty soon though, yeah, maybe don't bother. :)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!