Proxmox Android App - noVNC console not working

moxmox

Aug 14, 2019
Hi

I have the proxmox android app working fine and I can use Spice to open consoles but if I try to use the noVNC console it always times out with this error.

SocketException: Failed host lookup: 'xxx.xxx.com' (OS Error: No address associated with hostanme, errno=7)

I have a proper (not self certified) ssl certificate installed but for some reason the app will only connect if it turn off the "Validate SSL Connections" off. If I access the web ui in my phone I do not get any warnings about the certiticate being bad? Do I need to delete the originally created self certified certs in proxmox?

I have installed the pve-root-ca.pem onto my phone - is there anything else I need to do?

I have just noticed the pve-ssl.pem cert has an old local Ip address in Subject Alternate Names in it where I initially installed the server with a different Ip - how can I regenerate this cert to have the correct ip? assuming this may be the problem?

EDIT- ran pvecm updatecerts --force and its sorted that but I still have the issue above.

Last edited:
From the error message this looks like a name resolution issue to me. I would hope if this would be a Certificate error you would get another error.

Does the host name look correct, and can you ping it?

yes I can ping it fine - its the same hostname as what the main proxmox app is connecting to so it can defintely connect ok - as I said the spice viewer works fine - seems just a problem with the vnc viewer side, the screen befoe says it requres a valid ssl and I cannot connect without "Validate SSL Connections" off so thats why I suspect its an ssl issue..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!