proxmox-acme: Update for INWX dnsapi file required

0x4f

Sep 19, 2023
For a few days my proxmox Cluster was unable to update the let's encrypt certificates. Proxmox-acme failed to set the txt records with my domain provider INWX.

Apparently, the dns_inwx.sh file, provided by libproxmox-acme-plugins is behind the acme.sh repository that was updated about a month ago with this commit:
https://github.com/acmesh-official/acme.sh/commit/9143cd1485a4a0220897124fec78eb2ec45f81ec

It's a simple change (adding the '-i' flag to grep in Line 197), so I updated the file on all of my proxmox nodes.

My question is: how is the life cycle of these packages? Are they tracked rather closely, or are updates to be expected after a longer period?
I'm fine changing it for the time being, just interested in general way of updates on external packages.

Thanks! :)

Reactions: ChLauf
Thanks for that post! Just updated my Proxmox and noticed the error was still present after updating to 7.4-16.
Fixed it by adding "-i" :)

Reactions: 0x4f
Happy it helped.
I'm on 8.0.4 with libproxmox-acme-plugins 1.4.6 installed.

Out of curiosity: I checked INWX's API with acme.sh and with LEGO and only had problems with host.sub.domain.tld format, not with host.domain.tld.
What format does your fqdn have?

I have host.domain.tld. Or more precise:
The txt-Record is found under _acme-challenge.host.domain.tld.

Bumped into this too, thanks for providing a quick fix here! I'm also curious how this is handled by Proxmox, or if we can help somehow like with a PR.

Just to point out the solution more exact: In the file /usr/share/proxmox-acme/dnsapi/dns_inwx.sh change this

Code:
grep "^Set-Cookie:"

to this (add the -i flag)

Code:
grep -i "^Set-Cookie:"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!