Proxmox 7 install fails at 3%

hzk916

Renowned Member
Feb 24, 2015
Trying to install PVE 7 on a i7 PC NVMe 2TB, fails at 3% Create LVs tried different ISO's an different USB keys. using all default settings. PVE 6.4.4 installs fine, no trouble. Any ideas much appreciated.

start the install in debug mode, when it fails check the console and log file (/tmp/install.log) for errors.

I had an install do this yesterday, I aborted the first run. Then ran it again and just left it alone. It hung on 3% for a while, but eventually went through. This was on a dell r240, 2 drives in raid 1 bios array. Figured that had something to do with it.

Thanks Guys, will try leave it overnight see what happens. If it doesn't work will try Fabian's suggestion tomorrow.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!