[SOLVED] proxmox 6 and NFS

deang

Jul 27, 2015
I want to have NFS client mount points within a CentOs 7 guest container. The NFS server is not on the proxmox host. The proxmox 6 host is able to mount these external NFS systems. The guest CT can ping the external NFS server.

On the proxmox 6 gui, I go to the container where I want to mount NFS and open Options -> Features. I can select/enable "Nesting" under features. But the option to select NFS is greyed out and says "privileged only". I'm logged onto the gui as root. What permission am I missing? -- Dean

Last edited:
I want to have NFS client mount points within a CentOs 7 guest container. The NFS server is not on the proxmox host. The proxmox 6 host is able to mount these external NFS systems. The guest CT can ping the external NFS server.

On the proxmox 6 gui, I go to the container where I want to mount NFS and open Options -> Features. I can select/enable "Nesting" under features. But the option to select NFS is greyed out and says "privileged only". I'm logged onto the gui as root. What permission am I missing? -- Dean
HI,
this refers to "privileged containers" and not the user permissions. See here for details: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#pct_settings

I've been reading up on privileged containers. And now I'm wondering if I'd best not use a CT and AppArmor if this is considered as unsafe as mentioned in the section above.
What I want are several guests, all using NFS to an external NFS server. Some guests using a lot of reads, some guests with a lot of writes. Would I be better off just to create a VM instead?

What I did was recreate the container as privileged then under Options -> Features I can select/enable "Nesting" and "NFS"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!