ProxMox 6.2-15 Problem with HotPlug Hard Drives

brb8two

Dec 17, 2019
I get this error propted when I try to attach a hard drive to a VM.
This may have also occured on Proxmox 6.2-14

Code:
400 Parameter verification failed. virtio0: hotplug problem - Can't use string ("x86_64") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer/PCI.pm line 251. at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Qemu.pm line 1372. (500)

Is there a new setting I need to change or is this a bug?

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help but this is not related to the guest machine and worked previously.

The Guest Machine needs to shut down and stopped to be able to attached the HotPlug disk.

This occurs on a New Disk, hence no file system.

400 Parameter verification failed. virtio8: hotplug problem - Can't use string ("x86_64") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer/PCI.pm line 251. at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Qemu.pm line 1372. (500)

Same Probleme here with FreeNAS 11.3 and PVE 6.2.14

400 Parameter verification failed. virtio8: hotplug problem - Can't use string ("x86_64") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer/PCI.pm line 251. at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Qemu.pm line 1372. (500)

Same Probleme here with FreeNAS 11.3 and PVE 6.2.14
Same Problem here with Ceph storage on PVE 6.2.15

From the Change log:

qemu-server (6.2-19) pve; urgency=medium
* fix #3113: unbreak drive hotplug
* qmeventd: add handling for -no-shutdown QEMU instances, to avoid errors if the guest OS shuts down the VM during a backup job.

-- Proxmox Support Team <support@proxmox.com> Thu, 05 Nov 2020 13:37:00 +0100

qemu-server (6.2-18) pve; urgency=medium (My Current)

Appears to be resolved after upgrading qemu-server

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!