proxmox 5.4 to 6.1

mir

Famous Member
Apr 14, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi all,

Today I took the plunge and upgraded my cluster from 5.4 to 6.1 using apt update, apt dist-upgrade. The upgrade in itself was painless however on small annoyance when upgrading the corosync qdevice package as explained here: https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/setting-up-qdevice-fails.56061/. Should this not be added to the upgrade wiki?

Another rather painfully issue if you are using infiniband is that the new predictive net device naming scheme fails with infiniband cards having more than one interface. The second interface is created as a sub interface of the first interface rendering the interfaces totally useless. Eg. previously a dual card would have the interfaces named ib0 and ib1 but using the predictive name scheme from systemd converts ib0 to ibp1s0 and ib1 to ibp1s0d1. The only way to get back to a working state again is to disable predictive naming and go back to the old way. (Read more here: https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/07/msg01453.html)
Solution:
ln -s /dev/null /etc/systemd/network/99-default.link
update-initramfs -u
reboot

PS. This also affects the naming for ethernet from predictive names to eth0, eth1 etc.

Team, i using ceph for ovh and the version is the 10.2 (lumious). I dont can change this version.
I can and will upgrade my cluster proxmox to 6?

precondition say:

Can I upgrade my cluster to version 6.0 and use ceph luminuous?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!