Proxmox 3.x + Windows 7 Gast + Virtio Treiber = Newbie

Quickly

Sep 16, 2012
Hallo.

Ich versuche es mal auf Deutsch und hoffe, dass mir trotzdem jemand helfen kann.

Ich habe zur Zeit am Laufen: Proxmox 3.x + Windows 7 Gast + Virtio Treiber 0.1.52
Diese Treiber habe ich immer genommen da das Windows 7 Pro 64 bisher stabil lief.
Ich habe vor einigen Tagen ein Update vom Proxmox gemacht.
= libpve 3.0-14, pve-manager 3.2-2, pve-quemu-kvm 1.7-6, qemu-server 3.1-15

Problem ist:
Sporadisch, alle 2-3 Stunden habe ich eine 100% CPU Last und das OS Win7 steht oder startet mit BlueScreen neu.

Ich habe gefunden:
Bug 1017529 - Bluescreen unter hoher Last bei Plattenzugriffen Bug 1000158 - Dienst blnsrv.exe verursacht 100% CPU-Auslastung (das könnte es sein?!?!?!)Soweit ich es verstanden habe soll dieses Problem mit Virtio 0.1.74 beseitigt sein?!?!?!

Ich habe gefunden:
virtio-win-0.1-74-sources > mit der Datei clean.bat und buildAll.bat

Frage 1:
Sind das zwei bat-Dateien die man unter Windows einfach ausführt und die Treiber werden ersetzt durch die neuen Versionen?!?!

Frage 2:
Wenn nicht, welche Treiber muss ich alle per Hand, im Gerätemanager erneuern???

Wäre schön wenn mir jemand helfen könnte. Sorry wegen der dummen Frage. Bisher hatte ich nie Probleme mit den Virtio-Treibern.

THX Quickly

Last edited:
This is the question in English:I'll try to German , and I hope someone can still help .
I currently am running : Proxmox 3.x + Windows 7 + guest virtio driver 0.1.52These drivers I have always taken as the previously ran Windows 7 Pro 64 stable.
I made an update of Proxmox few days ago.Libpve = 3.0-14 , 3.2-2 pve -manager , pve -kvm - Quemu 1.7-6 , 3.1-15 qemu -serverProblem is:Sporadically , I have a 100 % CPU load and the OS is Win7 or restarts with blue screen every 2-3 hours.
I have found:Bug 1017529 - Blue Screen under high load in disk accesses Bug 1000158 - blnsrv.exe service causes 100 % CPU usage (which it could be? ! ? ! ?) As I understand it this problem should be removed with virtio 0.1.74 ? ! ! !
I have found:virtio -win -0.1- 74 -sources > clean.bat with the file and buildAll.bat

Question1:Are the two bat files that you simply executes under Windows and the drivers are replaced with the new versions ? ?

Question 2:If not, what driver do I need all by hand , replace the device manager ?Would be nice if someone could help me. Sorry for the stupid question. So far I never had any problems with the virtio drivers.THX Quickly

Last edited:
This is the question in English:I'll try to German , and I hope someone can still help .
I currently am running : Proxmox 3.x + Windows 7 + guest virtio driver 0.1.52These drivers I have always taken as the previously ran Windows 7 Pro 64 stable.
I made an update of Proxmox few days ago.Libpve = 3.0-14 , 3.2-2 pve -manager , pve -kvm - Quemu 1.7-6 , 3.1-15 qemu -serverProblem is:Sporadically , I have a 100 % CPU load and the OS is Win7 or restarts with blue screen every 2-3 hours.
I have found:Bug 1017529 - Blue Screen under high load in disk accesses Bug 1000158 - blnsrv.exe service causes 100 % CPU usage (which it could be? ! ? ! ?) As I understand it this problem should be removed with virtio 0.1.74 ? ! ! !
I have found:virtio -win -0.1- 74 -sources > clean.bat with the file and buildAll.bat

Question1:Are the two bat files that you simply executes under Windows and the drivers are replaced with the new versions ? ?

Question 2:If not, what driver do I need all by hand , replace the device manager ?Would be nice if someone could help me. Sorry for the stupid question. So far I never had any problems with the virtio drivers.THX Quickly
Hi,
don't know the bug, but normaly I load the iso: https://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/virtio-win-0.1-74.iso
inside the VM and use the hardware-manager to update the driver (virtio, virtnet and perhaps ballon?).

Udo

Hi.

I have update manual the following drivers by using the hardware-manager:
RedHat VirtIO Ethernet
RedHat VirtIO SCSI controller
VirtIO Balloon Driver
VirtIO-Serial Driver

I hope that´s it.

THX. Quickly

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!