Proxmox 3.3 NO-VNC with port 443

pva00

Apr 20, 2009
Hi,

In my test environment I tested no-vnc on proxmox 3.3-1 and I noticed that it doesnot work over a reverse proxy 443 --> 8006. On proxmox I use a iptables rule: -A PREROUTING -d <IP> -p tcp --dport 443 -j DNAT --to-destination <IP>:8006. Connecting to the proxmox server over 443 / 8006 and using the VNC console it is working fine. If I connect a VM on the proxmox server over port 8006 using no-vnc the connection is Ok. But when I connect a VM on the proxmox server over port 443 using no-vnc I get a pop-up from no-vnc to provide host/port/password.

Is there a way to keep using port 443 (much less blocked by firewalls) and to use no-vnc?

Regards...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!