Proxmox 2.1/2.2 and Acronis - Info or Error?!?!

Quickly

Sep 16, 2012
Hi for all.
My english...again...i will do my very best. :)

My scenario:
I have some old Standalone-Server (Win 2000, Win 2003 and Win 2008r2)
I want make 3x VMs in Proxmox.
So i want use Acronis Backup&Recovery 11 UR (and 11.5) to make a Image from the three Server.
Then i make a Recovery-ISO File an the running Server with Acronis.

I install Proxmox 2.2 on the new Hardware, upload the Acronis-ISO on the ProxMox, generate a VM and use the Acronis-ISO.
Result = the Acronis Boot Loader appears für 1 second... no boot. It don´t work.

I install Proxmox 2.1 > same procedure > Acronis Boot Loader starts > all fine.

I have test with some VMs, some Grafic, raw and qcow2, LAN-Adapter. Every time the same result.

That´s for Info.
Or is it my mistake?

Greetings

Quickly

Hi, i do not know anything about Acronis (i will investigate as it seems interesting), but I can imagine two ways to 'circunvent' your problem.
I understand that you have your VMs (acronis isos) running under Proxmox 2.1 ....

1.- Upgrade your running Proxmox 2.1 to 2.2. http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Downloads
2.- Make a backup copy of every restored & running VM under Proxmox 2.1 . Install proxmox 2.2 and restore there your VMs backups.

Hope it helps...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!