Acronis Bootable iso stopped working on 2.2

sidmax

Renowned Member
Oct 8, 2010
Bergamo, Italy
I've noticed today that the bootable iso of Acronis doesn't work on ProxmoxVE 2.2 (it boots from the iso and immediately reboots)

I've tried both a recent version (acronis 2013) and an older version (2010) that I've used many times under proxmox/kvm.

I've tested the 2010 version under Pve 2.1-14 and it works as expected so the problem is just on 2.2.

UPDATE:
---------

Successfully booted after downgrading pve-qemu-kvm from 1.2-7 to 1.1-8

Last edited:
I have the same problem. I tried a few versions of Acronis True Image bootable iso but it continues rebooting on startup.
How did you downgraded pve-qemu-kvm from 1.2-7 to 1.1-8?
How can I do that? (I mean which commands should I use to do that).
Thank you.

I'm having this issue too, and I do use acronis a fair bit (workstation 11.5 bootable) to image machines and then either throw them into proxmox or just test things out in proxmox.

The above mentioned fixed the issue, but if a future version of proxmox could fix this, that would be sweet sauce ^_^

Thanks for the tip to fix!

The problem persist with pve-qemu-kvm_1.3-10

-> Acronis boot CD just freeze on Loader. (screen display ok, but no mouse or keyboard control)

Also as another temporary fix, you can create a Win PE boot disk with the main program (Acronis workstation in my case) and that boots OK.

is there any chance that this will work in future with the actual pve-qemu-kvm version? (cause i need acronis quite often)
what are the cons if i downgrade to 1.1-8?
thanks in advance

edit: i tried it with 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 iso images as well as the acronis echo server

I added a very small SATA disk to the VM, and it seemed to work for me. All my other disks were IDE.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!