Promox Mobile With 2FA

May 18, 2019
Varies
I tried on three different current android browsers, but I cannot login when ?mobile=1 AND 2FA is enabled.

the login fails before the 2FA input shows.

anyone else experiencing this? the std interface is unusable on a phone.

It's a bug, the mobile interface is a bit left behind regarding this..
We're currently evaluating a bit what to do with it (put some work in the existing, rewrite in something else with more features, ..) - but we're often not really sure how many people use it, and thus how much time it could be worth to add in improving it. :)

Handling TFA on login shouldn't be to hard though, I'll take a look.

Reactions: Proxygen
[...] but we're often not really sure how many people use it, and thus how much time it could be worth to add in improving it. :) [...]

I do not want to be rude. But honestly the most important and only thing I can imagine would be a status of the machines and start/stop ability and the bottom log panel. So I can unfreeze a stocking machine and see what's going on. All other management work would be too complicated on a small touch. And if there would be the possibility to add, label and put API requests behind own buttons, I would most likely use it also. :)

Edit: well the console would be nice too. :-D

Edit: well the console would be nice too. :-D

The console (for CTs and VMs) is already there.

status of the machines and start/stop ability and the bottom log panel
that's all there too?

put API requests behind own buttons, I would most likely use it also.

If that's required it's best done in either a full fledged implementation or a admin/users self made client.
The button for a self defined arbitrary action is really fast on it's limit, i.e., no parameters can be passed.

All other management work would be too complicated on a small touch

Depends just on the implementation, but yes, definitively harder to get it right and making it the same as the full PVE manager makes not much sense for mobile, some cuts/reductions just make sense to not overload anything.
The thing is just that the current mobile interface is based on Sencha Touch, which won't see any new (GPL) releases, AFAIK, as they moved most of the functionality into "ExtJS Modern", so a re-write for the mobile view is required anyway sooner or later, thus we're evaluating a bit around.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!