[SOLVED] Promox 6: problem with noVNC - failed to connect to server

I also have the VNC issue now.

Before, just having a single proxmox server (PVE) everything worked fine. Now I added a second proxmox server (PVE-BACKUP) and formed a cluster:

View attachment 50368

Occasionally VNC connections on PVE work .. after a while it does not anymore (Chrome, Safari).

What is weird as soon as I boot PVE-BACKUP server (this one is not running 24/7 like the main server) all of the sudden the VNC connections on my main server work again?

I tried to ssh into PVE and run the command:

Code:
ssh -o 'HostKeyAlias=pve' root@192...

But no success ...

UPDATE:
ok .. with my 2 node cluster setup and one node not being online 24/7 the solution was actually to execute
Code:
pvecm expected 1
in PVE shell.
Thank you,
it was exactly my problem.
I have a Primary node (having all my VMs) and a Secondary node (empty) in a Cluster.
While my secondary node was temporarily disconnected from the network, I had the VNC issue on my Primary node.
As soon as I connected the "Secondary node" to the network, the VNC started to work on my Primary node again.
Thank you for the hint. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!