Promox 5 iso for troubleshooting

Fathi

May 13, 2016
Tunis, Tunisia
Hi,
I have setup a poc running a headless proxmox 5 server on a train since three years. This server is not easy to remove from the train for maintenance and is accessed only via vpn. Three days ago, i have installed ifupdown2 (which seems to remove the ifupdown) and after rebooting it seems that network is not coming up and the server is no more accessible. I need the proxmox 5 iso installer (which is no more linked in the proxmox website) to be able to live boot on it and restore the ifupdown program.
TIA
Fathi Ben Nasr

Last edited:
You can try with the pve 5.4 iso:
http://download.proxmox.com/iso/

(the version did not change too much during PVE 5.4 /stretch IIRC)

However I wonder which part of the config was not compatible with ifupdown2 (usually this should work as a drop-in replacement for ifupdown)

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Fathi
The last command I issued remotely to the server before it becomes disconnected was to install ifupdown2 (as i do on other proxmox6 servers) and reboot. So, my guess is that trouble comes from this, i have no way to certify that ifupdown2 was the cause. Train is in another town and i am in covid-19 self-containment to go there to troubleshoot, so i will guide a colleague on how to restore this poc.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!