Production Systems

arkestler

Apr 12, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am loving the idea of Proxmox. I have had great success with any vm's that I have tried to create and they work great using the built in console vnc. My question is, is there anyone on here that has deployed proxmox in any enterprise? If you have, how are you connecting your end users to the vm's? Is audio working? What about local usb devices at the client (keyboards,mouse,scanners)? I am really at a loss as to how to build the client side of things. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Last edited:
Hi arkestler,

I wouldn't recommend Proxmox VE for a VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure).

And end users don't need physical access (audio, local usb..) to the server infrastructure.

esco

Hi macday,
can you provide more info about this? What is guest-OS? How much memory? How does it behave? What says atop? Give us the full story!
Regards Holger

Hi Holgi,
I have 3-10 virtual Windows XP SP3 Machines with each 1500MB ram. also on this host I have a Debian Squeeze VM with 1GB ram and openthinclientos. I didn´t check the host (dell t300 quad core, raid 10) with atop yet.
3 VM´s are running always. Till now it feels good. I´ll provide the atop output later.
Regards
macday

I have 200vm, on 6 servers (2x48cores, and 4x8cores) , with direct iscsi lun mapping. (on a nexenta san array)

Servers only, no workstations vm.

All is running fine :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!