process to build qemu?

jtongen

Sep 25, 2020
It appears that proxmox is applying some custom patches to the qemu source. The ones I've located are in pve-qemu/debian/patches/pve.

Is there a process for me to apply those to the qemu source and then build the qemu binaries?

It also appears proxmox may be adding libs to the qemu build process. If that's right do those exist somewhere or would I also need to build those? I have a couple custom qemu source files I need included in my qemu build, and trying to figure out how to accomplish this within proxmox.

Also, once I get qemu built do you expect everything to start working, or would there be additional customization necessary?

OK, I did that and apt installed 2 items, looks like I'm close but hit the following error:

Code:
ERROR: unknown option --with-confsuffix=/kvm
Try '/home/simulation/jtongen/pve-qemu/pve-qemu-kvm-5.1.0/configure --help' for more information
make[1]: *** [debian/rules:38: config.status] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/simulation/jtongen/pve-qemu/pve-qemu-kvm-5.1.0'
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit status 2
make: *** [Makefile:33: pve-qemu-kvm_5.1.0-3_amd64.deb] Error 2

Do you know how to resolve this?

OK, I did that and apt installed 2 items, looks like I'm close but hit the following error:

Code:
ERROR: unknown option --with-confsuffix=/kvm
Try '/home/simulation/jtongen/pve-qemu/pve-qemu-kvm-5.1.0/configure --help' for more information
make[1]: *** [debian/rules:38: config.status] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/simulation/jtongen/pve-qemu/pve-qemu-kvm-5.1.0'
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit status 2
make: *** [Makefile:33: pve-qemu-kvm_5.1.0-3_amd64.deb] Error 2

Do you know how to resolve this?
Did you ever solve this?

can you outline the process to build QEMU on proxmox?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!