[SOLVED] Problems with moving disk VM

mitroviqui

Oct 3, 2022
Hi, I'm getting this error every time I want to move a disk of the VM to another disk. I state that I have all NAS (physical, Synology) in NFS

TASK ERROR: storage migration failed: target storage is known to cause issues with aio=io_uring (used by current drive)

can someone help me? Sorry for the English but I'm translating with Google

Change the disk to not use Async IO =io_uring (in the advanced section)

Select it in the GUi and click edit

Hi all,

This kind of error is annoying...

A default option generating errors is not an acceptable option, at least for us.

Can we hope someone will solve the problem?

If not, I will change on our clusters from io_uring to native.
Don't know performance gain / loss but with our workloads, lose some % is acceptable, an error : not really.

Thank you,

Christophe.

There is no shoe that fits all, so unless you change from NFS to something better, you need to change the I/O setting.
Yes, it is my understanding.

In my case it's a move disk from a Ceph storage to an iSCSI one.

Best solution for me : chose an async_io : threads, which seems to live together with any cache policy and any storage type.

Regards,

Christophe.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!