Probleme with NIC driver broadcom bcm57800

Siruv

Oct 25, 2012
Hello,

I have a Dell server model r720xd.

I can install Proxmox on without problem, but I do not have access to the network.
Actually the NIC which is a Broadcom bcm57800 is not recognized.

Drivers of debian 6.0.6 are not valid.

Against Those of debian wheezy Called are valid, I made tests.

How do I proceed to install the drivers on this machine.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards

PS: sorry for my bad english, I'm French.

do you already use 2.2?

pls give all details about the failing driver and the working one from wheezy.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I use 2.2.

But the core of proxmox 2.2 is based on debian lenny.
We have for the NIC this model : broadcom bcm57800.
But drivers into the debian lenny (firmware-bnx2x_0.28_all.deb) are too old, but the drivers into debian wheezy (firmware-bnx2x_0.36_all.deb) could be perfect.

I tried to install the driver in proxmox 2.2, but it failed because : conflict between firmware-bnx2x_0.36_all.deb and pve-firmware_1.0-21_all.deb.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Hi

Sorry, i think there's a mistake.
Indeed, i'd like to install the firmware-bnx2x_0.36_all.deb that is in Debian Wheezy, because i know this firmware contains the good driver (for the broadcom 57800).

What is the correct process to install the firmware-bnx2x_0.36_all.deb ?
or could you tell me when pve-firmware will be compatible with the broadcom 57800 ?

Many thanks,

Best regards,

What is the correct process to install the firmware-bnx2x_0.36_all.deb ?
or could you tell me when pve-firmware will be compatible with the broadcom 57800 ?

We use the correct firmware for the driver in our kernel.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!