Problem with Vlan

WarOfDevil

Nov 19, 2019
Hello everybody, for the first time I just installed Proxmox and I have a few issues with VLAN's that I don't know how to solve.

My router (Untangle) is configured this way: Internal LAN (10.10.10.1) + VLAN30 (Development (10.10.30.1) + VLAN60 (Management (10.10.60.1)

Now on my management vlan I have for now only the IPMI card of my server. My proxmox machine has 1 eth management port I use to log into the dashboard, 4x eth from pci card (I will eventualy dedicate every single nic to a single VM) and 1 SFP+ port connected straight to my NAS server.

What I want to achieve is the following...my management port need to be on my Development network and also be able to access internet in case I need to upgrade the system and such. At the moment from the shell I try to ping the IPMI card and it fail (which is exactly what I want), but I have no internet access anymore. If I ping google for example I have no response. I though that VLAN untag use the default system vlan-1.

My configuration is the following:

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp7s0 inet manual
#Management Port

iface enp3s0f0 inet manual

iface enp3s0f1 inet manual

iface enp3s0f2 inet manual

iface enp3s0f3 inet manual

auto enp4s0
iface enp4s0 inet static
        address  192.168.100.2
        netmask  29
#SFP+

auto vmbr0.30
iface vmbr0.30 inet static
        address 10.10.30.100
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 10.10.30.1
#Vlan30 Development

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
        bridge-ports enp7s0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge_vlan_aware yes

Can please someone point me out what am I doing wrong? It is also my first time ever with VLAN's :(

There is no VLAN or IP configured for your management VLAN. Since they are completely separate networks you need to have some machine in between that does the routing between those networks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!