[SOLVED] Problem with rpool mounted by vdevs

Vasilij Lebedinskij

Jan 30, 2016
Hello! I have one server that has 2 ssds in mirror raid as rpool and 4 HDDs with one partition on each of them, that are mounted directly in VM. The problem is that i can't start proxmox while HDDs are connected. It can't import rpool. I've searched internet for same problem and found its pretty old. There was some information that one needs to edit /etc/default/zfs to fix this. In my case there is commented variable ZFS_IMPORT_PATH with value
Code:
"/dev/disk/by-vdev:/dev/disk/by-id"
. Should i just uncomment it and remove
Code:
/dev/disk/by-vdev:
?

are all of those pools named identical (e.g., "rpool")? what is the exact error message you get, and where do you get it? please also post the output of "pveversion -v"

I've solved my problem. Let me share my experience.... There was very strange behaviour in my proxmox. In the very begining i installed proxmox on raid 1 (2 ssds) then i created 1 pationion on each of 4 HDDs and added these partitions to VM. I don't know why but after i created these standalone partitions using gdisk my proxmox stoped booting. It said that i had another rpool and in fact "pool import" showed that there was another rpool that was raid 10 and consisted of those 4 standalone partiotions. So today i wiped all HDDs with sgdisk -Z and forwarded whole disks (/dev/sdc,dev/sdd,/dev/sde,/dev/sdf) to VM. I was surprised to see that inside VM logical disks were in place and filesystems were unharmed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!