[SOLVED] Problem with proxmox-backup-client in LXC contianer

bolek2000

Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I have a Debian 11 turnkey linux fileserver running as LXC container under ProxmoxVE8. I backup the data with proxmox-backup-client to a remote PBS3 datastore, which seems to work without problems.

Login to PBS and following works:
proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --ns "$PBS_NAMESPACE" storing login ticket failed: $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR must be set +========================================+=============+========================================+ | snapshot | size | files | +========================================+=============+========================================+ +----------------------------------------+-------------+----------------------------------------+ | host/ct-file-srv1/2023-10-18T04:37:01Z | 641.24 GiB | catalog.pcat1 dataroot.pxar index.json | +----------------------------------------+-------------+----------------------------------------+ | host/ct-file-srv1/2023-10-19T04:37:01Z | 641.249 GiB | catalog.pcat1 dataroot.pxar index.json | +========================================+=============+========================================+

When trying to retrieve the catalog of these backups I get erro rmessages I cannot make sense of:
proxmox-backup-client catalog dump host/ct-file-srv1/2023-10-19T04:37:01Z storing login ticket failed: $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR must be set Error: unable to read "/mnt/datastore/datastore1/host/ct-file-srv1/owner" - No such file or directory (os error 2)

I get the same message when I try to open a interactive shell:
Code:
proxmox-backup-client catalog shell host/ct-file-srv1/2023-10-19T04:37:01Z dataroot.pxar
On the PBS there is an owner file in:
/mnt/datastore/datastore1/ns/filesrv/host/ct-file-srv1/owner

Can anyone give me a hint please ?

After looking at it nicely written down, I saw that I should also add
Code:
--ns "$PBS_NAMESPACE"
to my other commands, which now solved it. Thanks for watching ;-)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!