Problem with ProxMox 5.2.8 - public ips

Robson Rissato

Aug 15, 2018
Hello friends

I bought a dedicated server on soyoustart

server with 16 public ips

But I'm having trouble with new version of proxmox 5.2.8

Proxmox works fine .... but the VMs (centos, debian ..etc) when configuring virtual MAC and adding in the created VM, I can not access external, not ping ...

Is there any configuration in the proxmox that I have to do to run VMs with public ip?

Is there any configuration in the proxmox that I have to do to run VMs with public ip?
If everyting is routed, normaly not.

Have PVE the same subnet as the vm's?
Is there in Hardwarefirewall to set policies?
Is the PVE Firewall in use?
How get your ip adresses on the vm's?

Have you ever used Proxmox over those platform like SYS, OVH, etc? Since their configuration for IP Failover need to specify a gateway that is different from the same network of the IP FO

Do you know how to do that? Since some distro like Debian, requires that you specify the new gateway as a host of the network using route command.

I had a look. On my tests i can see that the default gateway is not reachable. This should be your first goal. Ask your provider that your adresses, routes... are correct. Ask also for a special route... Maybe you've got an whitepaper?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!