[SOLVED] Problem with hetzner ipv4 on baremetal

popallo

Jul 2, 2019
France
apacher.eu
Hello everyone, after hours of fruitless research I'm turning to the community :).

I have three hetzner servers, running proxmox 8 (latest kernel), on which I have an ipv4 configuration problem.

When setting up the servers, I had only taken ipv6. No worries there and I set up the three servers in the same way, via opentofu.

Then I needed to add ipv4, so I ordered ipv4s from hetzner.

After adding the ips/gateway in the interface (/etc/network/interfaces), in the same way on the three servers, only one of the three has ipv4 access to the Internet. The other two don't.

So I contacted hetzner to see if the problem could not have come from their side, but unfortunately they tell me that everything works. All I have to do is start the server in rescue mode and it works.

A reboot in normal mode: no more access via ipv4.

I've done all sorts of configuration tests, via vmbr0 etc., but nothing's helped.

The network configuration is identical to that in rescue mode, so I don't see what I can do to resolve the situation.

For testing purposes, I've disabled ufw and cleaned up the iptables rules. But that doesn't change anything.

I'm still stuck with: can't ping the gateway and arp level problem:

Bash:
Address HWtype HWaddress Flags Mask Iface
static.xx-xx-xx-xx.cl (incomplete) enp41s0
harmonynode03 ether a8:a1:59:ed:f3:f0 C vmbr0
harmonynode01 ether 04:42:1a:a8:20:88 C vmbr0

And I don't know what else to check / do. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello everyone.

I didn't find the reason but I found a solution. I disabled IPv6 and it goes to IPv4.

I thought that by reactivating IPv6 it wouldn't work again, but it continues to work.

So I don't see why such an effect but oh well. The important thing is that it works.

Thanks to those who read and took the time to search for a solution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!