Problem with GPT partitions?

khayman

Sep 15, 2010
Hey, I've a problem with proxmox 2.1 installation. At the moment I have a server with 4,4 TB logical disk (RAID 50). I want to install on it proxmox 2.1. Process installation was ended (100%, press "Rebot" to restart"). After reboot OS is not booting.

Before this, I had 2 logical disks - 1,2 TB i 1,4 TB on RAID 10) and I sucedded installing proxmox 2.1 on tis machine.

Is Proxmox support GPT partitions? I remember, that it was declared to support.

yes, GPT is supported and should work out of the box. here is the parted print from one of our test boxes

Code:
(parted) print
Model: Adaptec pve (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 3994GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name     Flags
 1      1049kB  2097kB  1049kB               primary  bios_grub
 2      2097kB  537MB   535MB   ext3         primary  boot
 3      537MB   3994GB  3994GB               primary  lvm

(parted)

It's strange, I reinstall proxmox on 3,8 TB partition and still nothing. Proxmox 2.1 isoimage on DVD.

It's strange, I reinstall proxmox on 3,8 TB partition and still nothing. Proxmox 2.1 isoimage on DVD.

We had some similar issues with new HP servers. After BIOS upgrade all works perfectly... so IMHO you should try to update mainboard BIOS + RAID Cntl BIOS and try again.

Regards,
michu

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!