Problem with connecting two network cards

modem77

Feb 1, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of learning to test proxmox and I'm having a problem with the network cards.

my scenario.
I installed proxmox on (vmware worksation) and added two network cards. One card is to communicate with my lab without internet access 10.0.0.0/24 and the other network card is to have a connection to my real network with internet access 192.168.88.0 and use DHCP.
I have been trying to find a solution to my problem since yesterday.

When installing proxmox I specified the address 10.0.0.250/24 of my closed lab where I have windows 10 which I use to communicate with proxmox and it works. But I can't connect to another network 192.168.88.0/24

Can someone explain to me why this, is and what am i doing wrong?

Attachments

• proxmox.JPG
    proxmox.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thank you for not helping :)
This is a voluntary community forum. If you need a guaranteed response time, consider supporting us and getting a subscription. :)

When installing proxmox I specified the address 10.0.0.250/24 of my closed lab where I have windows 10 which I use to communicate with proxmox and it works. But I can't connect to another network 192.168.88.0/24
Is 10.0.0.250/24 the IP of Proxmox VE itself? The gateway?
Do you have appropriate routes set up for those networks? Is there any routing/networking configured by VMware on these virtual adapters?

Please share the output of pveversion -v, ip a and cat /etc/network/interfaces, to get some basic informations about your setup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!