Problem to remove ISCSI storage

afrugone

Renowned Member
Nov 26, 2008
First, many thanks for this very nice product.

I've setup a Openfiler storage to test iSCSI, I'm using PVE1.4 Kernel Version Linux 2.6.24-9-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 17 09:34:41 CET 2009, I created a ISCSI storage, then I setup a KVM VM using this storage, and it works perfect.

Then I turned off the OpenFiler server. Then was not possible to remove the appliance, and not possible to remove the the LVM o iSCSI storage, I got this error:"Error: command '/sbin/vgchange -aln ISCSI1' failed with exit code 5". Turn On the OpenFiler server again, and is bot possible to restart the VM stored on the iSCSI.

How can I fix this?

Other question, How can I back up and restore a VM to the ISCSI store?

Thanks
Alfredo

Last edited:
I appreciate very much your very fast answer, but now that I've the problem, it's possible to manually remove the VM and iSCSI storage?

Thanks again

I appreciate very much your very fast answer, but now that I've the problem, it's possible to manually remove the VM and iSCSI storage?

Thanks again

edit /etc/pve/storage.cfg and delete the config files of the vm´s. see /etc/qemu-server/...

on all nodes.

As a matter of interest why would you not turn off an iSCSI storage system (assuming all "clients" are disconnected)?

Kenny.

I think the point was to never turn off iSCSI storage if PVE is still connected (via the Storage manager). Remove the iSCSI storage from PVE, then you can shut it off.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!