[SOLVED] Problem Connecting to Web GUI via Chrome 103

Apr 11, 2022
After updating to Chrome 103 which was released yesterday, I am unable to reach the GUI on any Proxmox servers. Curl and Firefox are unaffected. Downgrade back to Chrome 102 and access works as expected. The page displays "ERR_INVALID_HANDLE" and in the console: "crbug/1173575, non-JS module files deprecated." Looking at the Network tab in Chrome devtools, the status for the page is "(failed)net::ERR_INVALID_HANDLE". I think the console message is unrelated. I tested in Incognito mode and the same results. All browsing data except history has been cleared for all time including cache.

Last edited:
just tested with chromium 103 and google chrome beta 103, both worked...
can you post the output of your 'pveversion -v' ?
do you have any extensions installed?

What operating system did you test on? I'm on macOS 12.4 Intel with Chrome 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (x86_64). I tested in incognigo mode which has no extensions.

I found the issue. It's an interaction between Little Snitch and Chrome. I blew out the firewall rules for Chrome and let them get recreated and it works. Thanks for the quick response.

Reactions: dcsapak

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!