[SOLVED] Problem after upgrade "You are attempting to remove the meta-package 'proxmox-ve'"

notarobot

Apr 15, 2019
Hi everyone,
I ran an upgrade like I usually do and saw an update for pve-kernel so I went through.
I didn't understood what happen but now here's what I got:

apt full-upgrade:
root@pve:~# apt full-upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these. The following packages have unmet dependencies: E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

apt --fix-broken install:

root@pve:~# apt --fix-broken install Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Correcting dependencies... Done The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: proxmox-archive-keyring pve-headers-5.15.39-4-pve Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them. The following packages will be REMOVED: proxmox-ve pve-kernel-5.15 pve-kernel-5.15.53-1-pve 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 7 not fully installed or removed. After this operation, 41.0 kB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y W: (pve-apt-hook) !! WARNING !! W: (pve-apt-hook) You are attempting to remove the meta-package 'proxmox-ve'! W: (pve-apt-hook) W: (pve-apt-hook) If you really want to permanently remove 'proxmox-ve' from your system, run the following command W: (pve-apt-hook) touch '/please-remove-proxmox-ve' W: (pve-apt-hook) run apt purge proxmox-ve to remove the meta-package W: (pve-apt-hook) and repeat your apt invocation. W: (pve-apt-hook) W: (pve-apt-hook) If you are unsure why 'proxmox-ve' would be removed, please verify W: (pve-apt-hook) - your APT repository settings W: (pve-apt-hook) - that you are using 'apt full-upgrade' to upgrade your system

I really don't know what to do, I search the entire forum for this and every post seems to be very situation specific.

Can someone help me on that ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!