Problem adding NFS4 storage

innostus

Feb 15, 2022
I cannot add a NFS4 storage via Datacenter->Storage->Add->NFS. I always get "create storage failed: storage 'nfsshare' is not online (500)".

I also tried adding the NFS4 storage manually to /etc/pve/storage.cfg:

nfs: nfsshare
export /nfsonceph
path /mnt/pve/nfsshare
server g1.net.innostus.com
content images,rootdir
options vers=4.1,proto=tcp

This results also in "storage 'nfsshare' is not online (500)"

However when I manually mount the share with the command below, the NFS share works perfectly.

mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=4.1,proto=tcp g1.net.innostus.com:/nfsonceph /root/nfstest

Please help.

Yeah I hit the same issue (in the thread linked above). The only way I could get it working was to re-enable rpcbind on the NFS server. This is what I did on Debian:
Code:
sudo systemctl unmask rpcbind.service
sudo systemctl unmask rpcbind.socket
and ensure port 111 (TCP and UDP) is open.

Last edited:
I cannot add a NFS4 storage via Datacenter->Storage->Add->NFS. I always get "create storage failed: storage 'nfsshare' is not online (500)".

I also tried adding the NFS4 storage manually to /etc/pve/storage.cfg:

nfs: nfsshare
export /nfsonceph
path /mnt/pve/nfsshare
server g1.net.innostus.com
content images,rootdir
options vers=4.1,proto=tcp

This results also in "storage 'nfsshare' is not online (500)"

However when I manually mount the share with the command below, the NFS share works perfectly.

mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=4.1,proto=tcp g1.net.innostus.com:/nfsonceph /root/nfstest
strands
Please help.
Try restarting the Proxmox VE services (pveproxy, pvedaemon, etc.) to see if that resolves the issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!