[SOLVED] Private networking between VMs?

prox145

Jun 23, 2021
I've been trying to setup 10G private networking between my 2 VMs, however I cannot get it to work.

/etc/network/interfaces:
WlNLtj.png

bridge in GUI:
XGJFmx.png

vm 1:
nym1sl.png

vm 2:
AQ9rjq.png

trying to ping vm 1 from vm 2:
qqMz1n.png

trying to ping vm 2 from vm 1:
KK7a81.png

a /32 subnet means you're only having a single IP address. It's literally 255.255.255.255 , meaning there are NO other network devices on that segment.

This won't work. Make like a /28 or something for your internal networks, and you'll be in better shape.

it only works with public IPs if they are reachable over the default route.. in your case, if you want to make everything on that bridge reachable (modulo firewall rules), use /24. alternatively, use /32 and manually add the required routes inside the container..

it only works with public IPs if they are reachable over the default route.. in your case, if you want to make everything on that bridge reachable (modulo firewall rules), use /24. alternatively, use /32 and manually add the required routes inside the container..
Ah, okay. Thank you very much that worked.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!