priority settings

tecra

Oct 9, 2007
Hi,

My spamfilter is still not keeping away all the spam, daily i receive about 10 spam mails ( other mailaccounts even more )

That's why I want to know if the priority settings are important of keeping the spam away.

the following priority is available at my proxmox.

virus alert 96
block virusses 96
block dangerous files 93
mark spam 91
quarantine spam 90

not active: blacklist & whitelist

If I enable white&blacklist, do they block all the mails coming from blacklisted addresses & accepting all mails coming from whitelisted addresses?

my spamfilter now has a level of 3 ( aggressive )

thx in advance!

Hi,

My spamfilter is still not keeping away all the spam, daily i receive about 10 spam mails ( other mailaccounts even more )

hi,

first, make sure that you use the latest version 2.1 - 2294. please take a look on your configuration:

- go to "spam detector configuration" and enable all except OCR
- check connectivity to razor and dcc network
- go to "mail proxy/options": make sure SPF and Greylisting are enabled, use RLB checks, also use Receiver Verification (Verify Receivers, 450)

That's why I want to know if the priority settings are important of keeping the spam away.

the following priority is available at my proxmox.

virus alert 96
block virusses 96
block dangerous files 93
mark spam 91
quarantine spam 90

not active: blacklist & whitelist

If I enable white&blacklist, do they block all the mails coming from blacklisted addresses & accepting all mails coming from whitelisted addresses?

the whitelist and blacklist rule can be configured to use several actions, important is the priority. I suggest to reject first the emails via blacklist rule (high priority, I suggest 98) and accept the emails from the whitelist before spam analysis, in your case I suggest 92.

there is also a whitelist on SMTP level, this means everything whitelisted here get not hit by SPF, RLB, Greylisting, Receiver Verification.

my spamfilter now has a level of 3 ( aggressive )

thx in advance!

using level 3 is ok if you use quarantine. I suggest also to read the deployment guide chapter "Performance Tuning".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!