Possible to change the commands used for a backup?

James Crook

Jul 28, 2017
I'm having disk issues where the backup hangs due to other issues, that are in the a queue my end to be solved.

Is it possible to add 'timeout 240' to the backup commnd, so that no backup takes longer than 240 minutes, and if it does kill it (sig term seems to get the next one to run)
but I don't want it to till all the next backups.

i.e.
'set -o pipefail && timeout 240 tar cpf - --totals --one-file-system -p --sparse --numeric-owner --acls --xattrs '--xattrs-include=user.*' '--xattrs-include=security.capability' '--warning=no-file-ignored' '--warning=no-xattr-write' --one-file-system '--warning=no-file-ignored' '--directory=/var/tmp/vzdumptmp1496098' ./etc/vzdump/pct.conf ./etc/vzdump/pct.fw '--directory=/mnt/vzsnap0' --no-anchored '--exclude=lost+found' --anchored '--exclude=./tmp/?*' '--exclude=./var/tmp/?*' '--exclude=./var/run/?*.pid' ./ | pigz -p 4 >/mnt/pve/NFSSHARE/dump/vzdump-lxc-1109-2018_11_02-01_17_41.tar.dat' failed: interrupted by signal

not without manually patching stuff or writing your own wrapper around vzdump and backing up each guest with a separate call to vzdump

That's what I thought,
If you get a chance can you let me know the file that I would need to change/patch.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!