Pop client settings

lianghaibin

Jan 10, 2022
I used proxmox as the mail gateway and associated with my exchange. But now when I set up the pop client, pop can only receive mail but can't send mail. How do I configure it

You should connect your mail client to your exchange server not proxmox.
Also you need to make a send connector from your exchange server to proxmox.

Last edited:
The exchange server prompts that the mail is stuck in the queue and cannot be sent successfully。The STMP server address of my pop client is filled in: mail cmlabs. com. Cn port is filled in 25

The problem has been solved!
To sum up: my environment is from Internet to firewall, then to proxmox, and then to exchange.
The desired effect is that the mobile terminal can use pop protocol. At this time, after normal settings, you need to show a 30 (non conflicting arbitrary port number) - > 25 (standard port) from the external network to the internal network on the firewall, and then set the sending server port of the mobile phone to 30

The problem has been solved!
To sum up: my environment is from Internet to firewall, then to proxmox, and then to exchange.
The desired effect is that the mobile terminal can use pop protocol. At this time, after normal settings, you need to show a 30 (non conflicting arbitrary port number) - > 25 (standard port) from the external network to the internal network on the firewall, and then set the sending server port of the mobile phone to 30
I have the same problem as you now, from the Internet to the firewall to proxmox to exchange2016. The problem is now that my exchange2016 is deployed in an external computer room. All clients use POP3 mode to receive and send emails. You said to use port 30. Map to port 25 of the gateway. I don’t quite understand this. Please give me some advice.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!