Poor performance

yabbah

Oct 15, 2019
Hi, im totaly new to proxmox, coming from vmware. I have setup my server with a xeon processor, a ssd-disk (with proxmox installation) and two 1tb hdd's. I created a mirror XFS of them and used for container-data. Dont know if that because of that I feel like everything is lagging. If I just typ "htop" in command, it takes 3-5 sec to have it say that the command is missing bla bla.

Anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong? Is there a way to backup the VMs and copy the data over to a NAS and start the process over without ZFS and just use a disk without mirror/raid to see if it helps?

Thankful for any tips, cheers!

Sorry if I was inexplicit. I know htop isn't a part of Ubuntu (which is my VM), but it shouldn't take 5 seconds for it to tell me that. Feels like the harddrive is given a pretty poor performance.

Thanks for the link to the backup-page, and the youtube-vid. I watch it when I go to sleep

Hi, im totaly new to proxmox, coming from vmware. I have setup my server with a xeon processor, a ssd-disk (with proxmox installation) and two 1tb hdd's. I created a mirror XFS of them and used for container-data. Dont know if that because of that I feel like everything is lagging. If I just typ "htop" in command, it takes 3-5 sec to have it say that the command is missing bla bla.

Anyone have any idea what I could have done wrong? Is there a way to backup the VMs and copy the data over to a NAS and start the process over without ZFS and just use a disk without mirror/raid to see if it helps?

Thankful for any tips, cheers!
Hi,
what kind of SSD do you use?
XFS-Mirror sounds not for an standard installation...

What is the output of
Code:
pveperf -v
Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!