[SOLVED] PMG Tracking Blank ... again

Reactions: troycarpenter
I am running two systems one for myself and one for a customer. My own was last updated about 7 days ago. Here I could run the update, but now I have pmg-log-tracker 2.3.0-1. My customers system shows no available updates an also has 2.3.0-1.
How did you make your upgrade?

Sorry, my post overlapped with the post from Stoika Ivanov.
I am using the enterprise repo, because both systems that I am running are in production use. If I switch to the no-subscription repo can I easily go back to enterprise as soon as you have pushed there?
My preference would be a hotfix and keeping the enterprise-repo. I would be ok for my to edit some files. I am not sure, but looking to the diff you only had to remove two lines in the code?

I am using the enterprise repo, because both systems that I am running are in production use. If I switch to the no-subscription repo can I easily go back to enterprise as soon as you have pushed there?
yes - PMG (all Proxmox ) repositories work this way - software is pushed from pmgtest -> pmg-no-subscription -> pmg-enterprise
(that way issues have a greater chance of being caught before they reach the enterprise repository)

so in theory you can configure the pmg-no-subscription repository, install pmg-log-tracker with apt, and remove the pmg-no-subscription again

am not sure, but looking to the diff you only had to remove two lines in the code?
this would work if the log-tracker was in perl - but given that it's compiled and written in rust - I think installing the package is the more sensible/faster approach compared to getting all the rust dependencies installed, and building it manually (which of course is also possible)

I hope this explains it

Ok, thank you for your explanation. I am a programmer myself but not in rust. And surely I don't like to setup the whole development system just to make a small bugfix :)
I will go the way with pmg-no-subscription and then switch back to enterprise when this fix has been pushed there.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
switch back to enterprise when this fix has been pushed there.
no need to wait for that - just install pmg-log-tracker from no-subscription and directly remove the no-subscription repo

Reactions: zolthar
Can confirm, the patch has been released to the no-subscription repo's of PMG, and has fixed the issue.

Hello all,

does not work for me. Have Entersprice repo but no updates today.
Log is empty :(

EDIT: Who can read is clearly at an advantage ....

Greetings
Biber

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!