PMG & Plesk Panel

antika781

Apr 21, 2024
Greetings Everyone,
What I want to learn is that I am trying to set up a system with Plesk panel. SpamAssassin is available in the Plesk panel. I want to configure PMG before the Plesk panel with smarthost. The mail will first come to PMG, and from there it will switch to the Plesk panel. Which document do I need to follow for these transactions? Thanks

Hi @antika781

am Plesk Server musst du gar nichts verändern, da alles über das PMG geregelt wird.
Ich kenne dein Setup vom PMG oder Plesk Server nicht, aber ich arbeite seit Jahren intensiv mit Plesk Servern.
In den DNS gibst du zuerst mal für den MX-Record des entsprechenden Abos deine Domain vom PMG ein, damit die Mails auch auf dem PMG landen.
Unter PMG -> Mail Proxy -> Relay-Domänen, hinerlegst du deine Domain vom Plesk Abo.
Unter PMG -> Mail Proxy -> Transports gibst du dann die Plesk Domain mit der IP deines Plesk Servers an. (Protokoll: smtp, Port: 25, MX: nein)
Das war es auch eigentlich schon.

Nun wird der gesamte eingehende Traffic über das Proxmox Mail Gateway geleitet und du kannst dort den Spam filtern. Die ausgehenden Mails gehen weiterhin über den Postfix Dienst deines Plesk Servers raus.

LG Chris

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!