Physical to KVM but blue screen.

ozgurerdogan

Renowned Member
May 2, 2010
Bursa, Turkey, Turkey
I used VMWare Converter to create .wmdk image to use as KVM in proxmox. But after all done. Windows 2003 causes blue screen. I tried different disk types like ide, sata etc. but none helped. What should I investigate you suggest? Cpu type? Ethernet type? I seems like blue screen is because like hardware change but not sure could be something else.

qcow2 and raw are primary storage formats in kvm. vmdk is a second class citizen only to be used when converting from VmWare. You could also see the vmdk format as a way of transition in and out to kvm from primarily VmWare and raw for other virtualizers since all other virtualizers knows raw (I have no knowledge with Hyper-V where raw seems to be referred to as passthrough disks)

Ok thank you guys. All went fine. But when 2003 starts up, at login screen keyboard, mouse or Send Key command does not work. It does not seem like it is freezy but instead OS does not get input command from keyboard and mouse nor send key command. What do you think?

vmware-tools have no usage in proxmox. A side note: What version of (version of vmware) vmdk did you use in wmware? Maybe you need to ensure the vmdk file is compatible with vmware 4.x.

vmware-tools have no usage in proxmox. A side note: What version of (version of vmware) vmdk did you use in wmware? Maybe you need to ensure the vmdk file is compatible with vmware 4.x.

I used version Vmware v8. Should I try version 9? A friend of mine suggested me install vmware tool because it could be a driver issue.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!