Persistent network limits

ok236449

Jun 18, 2023
Hi, I have been spending my time setting up proxmox and exploring its capabilities, everything seems to work fine except a single thing that I came across.

The problem is, when I modify any VM network configuration (net0), for examle set a speed limit or change the adapter to the intel one, the customized settings work as expected, but in about an hour, the network settings in proxmox get reset to default - the virtIO nic with no rate limit. Whats up with that? It doesnt matter if the VM is running all the time, gets restarted or is offline. The changes get reverted automatically for some reason.

Has anyone encountered similar behavior or are there any other settings I need to modify? Thanks in advance.

Can you provide the VM config before making any changes, and then again after making the changes and they taking effect?
You can get the VM config with the following command: qm config <VMID> where <VMID> has to be replaced with the actual ID of the VM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!