Permission issue with mounting USB

oX9ke

May 15, 2019
I'm trying to mount a USB Zwave device in a container and I had this configuration working in an older installation but now I'm running into permission issues.

Here is my conf file for the container:

Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 2
hostname: hass
memory: 8192
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,hwaddr=6E:AF:59:BD:DA:D9,ip=dhcp,type=veth
ostype: debian
rootfs: local-zfs:subvol-100-disk-0,size=20G
swap: 512
unprivileged: 1
lxc.prlimit.nofile: 65535
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 189:131 rwm
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/bus/usb/002/004 dev/bus/usb/002/004 none bind,optional,create=file
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow: c 166:0 rwm
lxc.mount.entry: /dev/ttyACM0 dev/ttyACM0 none bind,optional,create=file

On the container, when running an ls al I get this:

Code:
homeassistant@hass:~$ ls -al /dev/ttyACM0
crw-rw-rw- 1 nobody nogroup 166, 0 May 26 05:15 /dev/ttyACM0

Why am I getting "nobody nogroup". I've read it has something to do with UIDs and unprivileged containers but I'm a little lost how I can fix this.

Hello,

Perhaps it's likely an AppArmor issue, have you investigate that?

Cheers

Did you configuration run befor4 also as unprivileged container? That default changed in the GUI quite recently, and thus the permissions /dev/ttyACM0 are probably root:root on the outside and hence not translated to root inside the container.

You could try to create the container as a privileged container, or change the device-ownership on the outside

hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!