Performance CPU flags - CPU host

Giggling3999

Apr 2, 2024
I have a Ryzen 5600x.

Is there any CPU flags I can pass that improve performance ? I am currently passing through host model

I am not particularly concerned with the security implication

Is this the case even for non 'host' models ? I've heard that host is fastest anyway, so presumably that negates the point

Host is generally the fastest. The CPU type can't create new features, it only masks or unmasks the ones the real host CPU supports. Mitigations on/off is a separate thing that applies to the host kernel.

Turning mitigations off on the host might speed the whole thing up significantly, or not, depending on the CPU. I don't know how it affects yours, you would have to try it and see. It is done by passing "mitigations=off" on the kernel command line. How you do that depends on which bootloader you are using. See post #2 in this thread:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/p...w-performance-for-windows-server-2022.150849/

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!