PCIe configuration for Nvidia A40 GPUs

Vikrant

Hi everyone,
I have a Supermicro server with dual socket AMD EPYC 7542 and 4*Nvidia A40 GPUs.

Till now i was using VMware ESXi on it with 4 virtual machines. Each having one Nvidia A40 GPU assigned to it.
For this setup to work on ESXi and to passthrough my A40 GPUs i had to use an EFI bios and had to set below 2 parameters in the additional parameters.
pciPassthru.use64bitMMIO = "TRUE"
pciPassthru.64bitMMIOSizeGB = "128"

Now i want to move to Proxmox, can anyone please guide me how can i set these parameters in Proxmox?
Or if anyone has a similar setup (AMD EPYC+NvidiaA40 or A100), could you please share with me what all settings/configurations you used for such a GPU passthrough configuration to work?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!