PCI-E and VR Passthrough (Windows 10 VM)

AeonRemnant

Mar 4, 2022
Trying to pass through a Vive HMD with a windows VM and GPU passthrough as shown in this link, for whatever reason I'm getting the Vive USB port coming up as Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) and I'm not sure how to fix this.
Additionally I have tried this a few times already and eventually the VM causes Proxmox to completely lock up and crash then get stuck on an Initial ramdisk... loop when trying to boot, would also love to know how to prevent that.

Proxmox is freshly installed today and the most recent update. The only things installed are bare minimum functionality for this to work and all changes are outlined in the guide above.
Would appreciate some help. :)

Hardware is such:
Ryzen 9 3950X
Maximus Crosshair VII Hero
RTX 3080
64GB DDR4 3600Mhz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!