PBS Task history creating "bad" files at times

so it was just Nextcloud complaining about the backslash after all. this is unfortunate, but syncing PBS task logs to Windows(-compatible) systems is not really something we care about ;)

NextCloud doesn't allow syncing of files with "\" in their name. the reason is that Windows cannot handle them ;)

NextCloud doesn't allow syncing of files with "\" in their name. the reason is that Windows cannot handle them ;)

That is irrelevant, there is _zero_ Windows involved. My desktop isn't Windows, it's Linux, same for the nextCloud server (Linux). I uploaded via the webGUI, which is my browser. Where do you think Windows comes into play at all here? Because there's zero Windows involved.

That is irrelevant, there is _zero_ Windows involved. My desktop isn't Windows, it's Linux, same for the nextCloud server (Linux). I uploaded via the webGUI, which is my browser. Where do you think Windows comes into play at all here? Because there's zero Windows involved.
There hasn`t to be any Windows involved. What fabian meant was that if the Nextcloud developers code it to be compatible with Windows it won't work with "\" no matter if you are using Linux, Mac or whatever, as it otherwise wouldn't sync with people using Windows.

yes. NextCloud doesn't allow back slashes in the file name. it also doesn't allow regular slashes for the same reason - both are used as path separators on one or the other OS, and since they want to support clients across the board, they forbid both variants. if you want improved compat with Windows client systems, you can also forbid other characters that are a problem on Windows (such as ':') - but that is optional (don't ask me why, I didn't write NextCloud ;)). you don't need to run Windows anywhere for "\" to be forbidden in Nextcloud - they always are.

Reactions: BloodyIron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!