PBS client file restore with overwrite?

proxwolfe

Jun 20, 2020
Hi,

So one of my VMs suffered a harddisk failure (the contents were, in principle, all backed up via the PBS client).

During the restore process there was a broken pipe error and the process stopped before it was complete - so not all files have been restored.

I would like to rerun the restore process in order to restore the files still missing. However, if I just run it again, I get an error that file xyz already exists (from the previous run).

Is there a flag that would allow the PBS client to simply overwrite existing files? (I did not find such in the docs...) Or is there another trick?

(Of course, I could simply delete all restored files and then run the restore process again but my guess is that if the process stops again ahead of completion, I might end up with even fewer restored files than now.)

Thanks!

Thank you.

For now, this means I will try multiple restore runs on different targets and then might need to put a complete set together from the parts.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!